Saturday 2 April 2011

Recapturing Memories of Traditional Chocolate Cake

 So, this morning I woke up and realised that tomorrow is Mother's Day. Don't get me wrong, I've made a card and sent the flowers, my duty is done! But Mothers Day always makes me think about my childhood and all the lovely memories my Mum helped to give me. 
My first ever birthday cake was teddy bear shaped and chocolate. Fantastic.
Like may children, chocolate cake quickly became a firm favourite of mine and many subsequent Birthday cakes have been chocolatey and all of them baked lovingly by my Mum. Now that I live away from her I have to bake my own cake - I know - it's tragic! 

I haven't managed to recapture the same taste. I have had some successes and some failures but none of them have that same taste. Today I did some research to try and get a good but not too complicated recipe to make in honour of Mothers Day. 

I came across this recipe by Nigella Lawson http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/old-fashioned-chocolate-cake-119 for 'Old-fashioned Chocolate Cake' and I though, yup that sounds good!  Here goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment